About Our Company
First Down Mortgage, LLC – NMLS 1920842 is a registered and licensed mortgage brokerage firm located in Jacksonville, FL. We offer services such as brokering residential purchases and refinances, as well as providing related mortgage loan guidance. We are a client centric brokerage firm focused on the satisfaction of our clients and process efficiency. Our borrower’s best interests always come first, as everything we do is guided by our values and professional ethics. We have the ability and flexibility to shop for loans at several lending institutions to secure the very best interest rates and terms. We also take the time to explain the loan’s legal aspects to you, including its payment terms and clauses. From helping you gather necessary documents to securing appraisals and title work, we can make the entire process much easier for you.
Mr. Chad Hauseman is founder and CEO of First Down Mortgage, LLC – NMLS 1920842. A graduate of Jacksonville University, Chad completed a double major in Marketing and Business Management. He was selected as an All-American in baseball his Senior year and was drafted by the Anaheim Angels in the 24th round of the Major League Baseball draft. Chad has over 15 year’s of experience working as a loan originator and sales manager within the mortgage industry. He has been a fixture within the Jacksonville community for 20 years with his wife Stacy and his three sons. He currently serves on the Ponte Vedra Athletic Association (PVAA) board and enjoys spending time outdoors, especially at the beach with his family and friends.
Phone 904.333.0390 Chad@firstdownmortgage.com
- High School – Richmond Hill, GA
- Master’s degree in Business from Columbia College
- Nearly 10 years in the mortgage industry
- Married for 12 yrs, 2 kids (7 boy, 9 girl). Gymnastics team mom, Baseball Dugout mom. Homeschool. Moved to FL in 2006. Previously lived in SC and GA. Big SC Gamecocks and GA Bulldog household.
- Hobbies: boating, cooking, relaxing in the sun at the beach, traveling to tropical locations
- Where you grew up: Mandarin/Julington Creek
Went to High School: Creekside HS (C/O 2014)
Went to College: FSU graduated Economics BS (C/O 2017)
- Number of years in the industry: 2+ years
- Pets: my cat, Nova(photo attached)
- Hobbies: kayaking, hiking, camping, video games
- Fun facts: Left-Handed, Focused on helping realtors with social media and online lead gen/helping first time home buyers, big-time computer nerd, love college football/basketball,
- Nease High School
- University of North Florida
- 15 years in the mortgage industry (where I met Chad back in 2005)
- I have a funny 11-year-old Min-Pin dog
- Hobbies: backpacking the national parks, motorcycling, fishing
- 17 years in the mortgage industry – sales, processing, and management
- First Coast Native
- Graduated from Maryville College with BS IN BUSINESS
- Currently lives in St. Augustine with his wife Britany and 2 kids.
- Volunteer soccer coach